- Stimulate active interest in political & governmental affairs;
- Strengthen & Further the ideals and principles of the Democratic Party;
- Provide reasonable & on-going financial support to the Caucus;
- Promote participation among Democrats;
- Support & Elect the duly selected nominees of the Democratic Party in national, state & local elections
- Foster good fellowship among Democrats;
- Encourage voter registration; and
- Advocate issues without discrimination on grounds of race, color, creed, sex, age, national origin, physical disability, gender identity or sexual orientation
- Foster good will between gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and allied members of the Democratic Party and the community at large;
- Continue to work with other GLBT and like-minded organizations united with a common purpose;
- Seek individual freedom in the framework of a just society;
- Seek political freedom in the framework of meaningful participation by all citizens
Community input is the cornerstone of The Caucus’ foundation and embraces a structure designed to welcome all fair-minded individual wanting to effect change. All activities are governed by the organization’s By-Laws.
Our structure includes:
- Officers. Elected by the membership, officers are responsible for day-to-day management of The Caucus.
- Steering Committee.Comprised of chairs of standing and ad hoc committees and the officers, the Steering Committee is responsible for setting policy, preparing & managing budgets and strategic planning for the organization.
- Members. Members are individuals who share The Caucus’ vision and pay the required dues. Dues-paying members have the right to vote for officers and other important items placed before the membership.
- Friends. Individuals who share our vision, but may not qualify for or may not wish to become a member are still welcome at meetings or to volunteer/attend Caucus activities.